“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
Jn 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. Jn 14:14 If you ◙ ask anything in My name, I will do it.
This is much deeper than adding, ‘in Jesus Name’ to the end of a prayer as though it has some magical properties that will guarantee the answer. Are we in Christ? Is it His Name we are under? Does His name surround our thinking, our conversation, our heart, our spirit? Being in Christ means we are in His Name. The Holy Spirit descends with power upon Christ. If we are in Him, the power of the Spirit will endorse us and guarantee the answer to our prayers. Through the Spirit we will see the answer to our prayers. People are known for what they stand for. They live under the name of a football club, or an army, or a company, or whatever their primary, voluntary focus is. When you mention the name Steven Jobs, you think of Apple. When you think of Mick Jagger , The Rolling Stones comes to mind. People have adominant name they are described by. As believers, and especially as ministries we need to be known by the name of Christ more than our church, our doctrine, our vision. Christ needs to be the centre of our message, thoughts, prayers, conversations. Then we are making prayers, ‘In the Name of Jesus’.
To ask in His Name is to ask as if Jesus was asking. What would He be asking? Whatever we ask as though it was Jesus asking, that, Jesus will do. The Father is glorified in answering prayers that have been prayed in the Name of His Son.
We fail God if we do not seek to manifest His works in the Earth. He is more than willing. He is determined to intervene in people’s lives with miraculous cures, to demonstrate both His power and His love for people. It is we who need to understand how exactly we are to walk in the power of the Spirit;
1. Live in His Word – this keeps our head and heart in the right place.
2. Live in faith – This keeps an atmosphere in which God can move.
3. Live in prayer – This keeps us cleansed, close and clear minded.
4. Listen to His voice – This demands relationship and communion
5. Do what He says – This is where the power is. Jesus said he only could do what he saw the Father doing, he could only judge as he heard from the Father, and he only taught the teachings He heard from the Father, thus if you saw Jesus you saw the Father.
6. If there is no guidance we should step out and as we do we will find ourselves being guided.