‘…Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!’
John 4:35 (NKJV)
We need a vision for the future.
– People, businesses, churches, nations lose their way without vision. With it they find life, hope and meaning.
– Romans 15:13, abounding in hope. Hope is visionary because it is by the power of the Holy Spirit!
– We need to be pre-occupied with the future and not the past. Looking forward will keep you alive.
– Over and over in the scriptures we hear God saying … ‘lift up your eyes’, ‘lift up your heads’. Downcast eyes and a bowed head are usually indicating negative feelings and a negative state of mind.
– When Jesus comes eyes are opened both physically and spiritually. He is the lifter of our heads. With a lifted head and opened eyes we can see the future and the direction we must go.
1. See Others
John 4:4-26, Jesus and the woman from Samaria.
– Jesus was thirsty when he went to the well. But his circumstances didn’t stop him from seeing this woman and her circumstances.
– He didn’t see her objectively and relate to her on this basis. When he spoke to her about her life, it must have been done with mercy and without judgement, because she was excited about what he was saying to her.
2. See Positive
Matthew 14:29-32, step out of the boat. Be bold and positive both naturally and supernaturally. Believe.
Hebrews 12:1-2, looking at and to Christ and running the race set before us.
3. See a New Perspective
James 1:2-3, look at things positively and respond differently than how you would naturally or usually respond.
– You may well smile or laugh later at things that seem challenging or unpleasant now, so why not smile now.
– How you choose to look at something may well dictate the outcome.
4. See God Your Source
Mark 6:35-44, in verse 41 Jesus takes the loaves and fishes into His hands and looks to heaven. The disciples’ eyes were looking to how to feed the multitude with so little.
– Jesus gave thanks, blessing what was in his hands and God in heaven gave the provision, the increase and the miracle.
5. See Bigger
Genesis 13:14-15, we are the seed of Abraham and the promises are to him and his descendants.
– Believe that what God has given you is large and expansive.
6. See Abundance
Genesis 15:5, look up to the heavens and count the stars. There are limitless possibilities, endless creative energy.
7. See Transformation
Genesis 31:12, Jacob lifted up his eyes and saw the strategy that God was giving him to bless him and his family. He saw things differently; he saw them and their circumstances totally transformed.
The most powerful of creative forces is to see by faith. To see what should be, and then take that vision and put legs on it. Believe and join with others to make it come to pass.